When may an insolvent apply for rehabilitation after sequestration?
– After six months after the sequestration order has been granted subject thereto that the
full contribution amount has been paid AND no claims have been proven against the
estate, provided the insolvent has not been convicted of certain offences; and has not
previously been sequestrated you can apply for rehabilitation after sequestration
– It should however be noted that a report from the Master is required supporting the
rehabilitation which is extremely difficult to obtain.
– If the insolvent has not been convicted of certain offences; and has not previously been
sequestrated, he may apply for rehabilitation after 12 months have elapsed from the date
of the Master’s confirmation of the first trustee’s account in the estate;
– It should however be noted that it takes approximately 3-4 years for the account to be
– After 10 years have expired an insolvent is deemed to be rehabilitated unless a court
orders otherwise upon the application of an interested person. Such an application must be
made within the ten year period.
rehabilitation after sequestration
This is the only way you can truly start over on a clean slate
Contact us to find out more